keskiviikko 27. lokakuuta 2010

Best memories are always made with friends


Hello everyone!

Against my previous plans my updates have been all in Finnish. I’m blessed to have dear friends all over the world who are sometimes checking up my blog and probably aren’t able to understand anything at all so I guess it’s time to make an effort and write something in English, like I was planning to do since I started this new blog.

4 weeks in Australia has been just amazing. This is a wonderful country and I couldn’t be any happier to be here. Time is flying and I really try to make my best to enjoy every single moment in this breathtaking city. I’m just living a dream! And I know it.

My host-family is just great. Parents are super fun, relax and mellow. I feel like they are more my friends than employers. Kids; Henry 3y and Sienna 5y are both very sweet and easy-going. Of course sometimes they have bad days and then nothing is easy  but most of the time I’m just having fun with them. And what comes to my working hours I need to say that I really don’t work that much. Two longer days per week and then rest of the week I can mostly do my own things. So I have plenty of time to explore the city, go to the gym, meet up with friends, go clubbing etc.

Today, after two long days, I worked only two hours in the morning. This meant that after 9 o’clock I was free to go as I wished. I was planned to start my day by having a nice, quiet breakfast with a weekend’s news paper and a cup of green tea with lots of honey (unfortunately I had a sore throat when I woke up). By the time I had arrange everything to be perfect and took the very first spoonful of my muesli with natural yoghurt I heard someone walking in… I had totally forgotten the visit of the cleaners. Nice and quiet breakfast turned out to be super fast everything-quickly-into-my-mouth moment when there was 3 Japanese people bustling around me. (They are really nice though, I just don’t feel comfortable to eat when people are polishing places around me).

The morning was just beautiful; sun was shining and there were hardly any clouds in the sky so I decided to head to the beach. I just quickly crabbed my things, cause I didn’t want to bother the cleaners, headed to the bus stop and caught a bus to Manly. Unluckily after an hour sunbathing the clouds appeared to cover the sun and the breeze made the air a bit chilly so I decided to leave the beach and head to the  shops. Before leaving the beach I wanted to use the restrooms but that turned out to be THE mistake of the day. I just crabbed the toilet’s door open and my eye caught a man, a lifesaver, without pants… Yep. Not my very best moment of the day. I just banged the door shut hoping that he didn’t see my face and ran away. No, I didn’t want to stay and wait him to come out of the toilet and face him after seeing his bare bottom so I sprinted to the nearest shop.

There are many really nice shops in Manly and I finally found new bikinis! They aren’t the perfect ones but they are nice and I really needed them cause sun has bleached my old ones so instead of navy the colour is more like ugly yellowish purple. But after buying those new bikinis I went to Roxy’s store and found just perfect bikinis. Argh. I had to leave the store cause I just became so mad to myself. I almost returned the purchase but the shop assistant had been so nice to me that I couldn’t do it. After a couple deep breaths I realized that I probably need new bikinis in two months so I can actually go back to Roxy’s store in two-three weeks and buy another pair. This fact just made me happy again.

I was back home after 3pm. It was super nice to enter into a clean room. Especially when you had done nothing to make it clean. (I know I need to study and get a good job cause I need to have a cleaner! I do NOT wanna be one by myself.) I was also super happy to catch up with my US hubby in the afternoon. It just made me sooo happy! Even though now I’m longing for our real skype dates even more. So Chrissy I'm counting down days you to get your own apartment! Friends, friends, friends. Why can’t you all just move to Sydney? My life would be so much easier.

In the evening I went for a coffee with my Dutch friend Sophie who lives in the neighborhood. We had nice time in my favorite coffee in Crows Nest by talking everything what came to our minds. It's nice to be able to share your thoughts and experiences with someone, otherwise you just can't handle it anymore in your own head. I’m so very happy that I’ve found nice friends from here. Best memories are always made with friends and I love my friends very much <3

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti