sunnuntai 29. toukokuuta 2011

English update

9 and half months have just flown by. I have enjoyed every moment with old friends I have been blessed to share this experience with. I have also made bunch of great new friends during my journey through Central America, U.S.A, Australia and New Zealand. One of my favorite quotes: “As with any journey, who you travel with is more important than your destination” could not describe better how I feel about my life and travels.

I started my journey last August, Sweden as a first destination. I was nervous, excited and extremely happy. I had 13 and half kilos in my backpack and it was way more than I needed. After great 1 and half month backpacking trip through Costa-Rica and North-America with Louise and Emma it was time to say goodbye to the girls and hello to Sydney.

After 8 months in Sydney I can only ask: where did the time go? October, November, December, January, February, March, April and May. These 8 months represent my life in Australia. There’s only June to go and then it’s time to seal this phase of my life and head towards new adventures. I can’t describe my feelings. I am leaving my home but I am also going home. I reckon I need scissors and piece of sticky tape to connect all the pieces of my life. I am missing so many people and so many places. I am grateful I have got to see and experience so much but it also means that there are so many things all over the world I long for.

My plans after Sydney are not that clear yet. Probably that does not surprise anyone. I do have a plan. A great travel plan indeed with my dear sister who has been living the French dream for a year in Paris and who has improved her French skills to the level I probably never will reach (Yes, I am jealous, a year in Belgium just taught me how to say Pardon with the right accent). But yes, the plan, or part of it… Well to be honest, the plan actually is not to have one, which is (my opinion), the best travel plan you can have. All my best travels I have explored without a plan (NZ, Costa Rica, France) so why it would let me down now?

When I am leaving Sydney behind is still a little question mark. There won’t be more than 1 month left, that is for sure but destination is still unknown. I have luckily my flight from Darwin to Singapore booked in the end of June. I just don’t know yet how am I going to reach Darwin. But no worries mates it is only approx 4000 kilometers away so I can EAAAASILY run over there and even back if I feel distressed of the outback lifestyle.

I am going to hang around in Singapore for couple days(if anyone knows cheap hostels or nice places to go please give me a hint) and then I’ll fly over to Bangkok to meet up with my long lost sister. The following month will show what is going to happen and where we will end up. Besides Thailand I would love to visit Cambodia and Vietnam but at the same time I really want to take my scuba certificate in Thailand which would direct us to the “wrong” direction what comes to Cambodia and Vietnam… Though decisions.

And last but not the least: “I’m coming home, I’m coming home, tell the world I’m coming home.” Home sweet Finland. We’ll meet again in August. I’m sooo excited to see everyone after being away for one year. Hope I have become a little bit wiser but not any fatter (thanks to my hubby’s visit I have got some serious issues with peanut butter and jam). Haha.

Miss you my friends all over the world. You are in my mind everyday.

Love Henriikka

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti